- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped small
- 2 ribs celery, diced cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can cannelini beans, drained
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (optional)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/3 cup macaroni, small shells, or orzo pasta
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large soup pot, sauté the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
2. Put in beans, vegetable broth, Swiss chard, corn, macaroni pasta and Italian seasoning to the pot, stirring to combine.
3. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a medium simmer. Heat for 8-10 minutes, until macaroni and chard are both cooked.
4. Enjoy white bean and chard soup!